Hello and welcome to our list of nice words starting with G!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives, synonyms, rhymes and meanings, I thought it would be useful to categorise some lists a different way – by letter. I’ve tried to fill these lists with words that fulfill three criteria – sounds nice, has a nice meaning, and starts with G. I hope you find this list handy and maybe even brighten someone’s day with these nice words starting with G:
- gold (n.) a bright yellow precious metal, usually used in jewellery; a metallic yellow.
- game (n.) an activity completed according to a set of rules. usually competitive in nature
- gleam (v.) to shine brightly with reflected light.
- gift (n.) a present; something willingly given
- glee (n.) delight or joy
- genial (adj.) friendly, upbeat.
- gilt (adj.) a thin, decorative layer of gold leaf.
- glorious (adj.) possessing or worthy of note and admiration.
- gumption (n.) clever, creative, resourceful.
- galaxy (n.) a vast system of gases, stars and dust.
- galore (adj.) many; an abundance.
- genuine (adj.) real, authentic
- giggle (v.) a light verbal expression of glee – not quite the level of a laugh.
- gratifying (adj.) having a craving or desire satisfied.
- great (adj.) large; a good amount
- gratis (adj.) for free
- groovy (adj.) enjoyable, excellent
- guiding (v.) to help navigate
- guileless (adj.) without ulterior motives; sincere and innocent.
- gem (n.) a precious stone.
- grace (n.) elegance.
- gentle (adj.) careful.
- glow (v.) to radiate a soft light.
These nice words were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.
While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – remember to go for a walk and to water your plants. <3