Hello and welcome to our list of words that rhyme with nice!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives and synonyms, I tried to make this list relate to nice words in a different way – through rhyme. So rather than sounding nice, or having nice meanings, this list is filled with words meant to be used alongside the word “nice”. I’ve separated it into syllable amount for ease of reading. I hope you find this list handy:
- dice (n.) an object with multiple numbered sides, used in games of chance and probability.
- guise (n.) a facade or perceived appearance which is usually hiding the true or original character of something.
- vise (n.) a clamp used to hold objects in place; usually used in construction and woodworking.
- bice (n.) a colour derived from a blue-green pigment.
- twice (adj.) occurring two times, not necessarily consecutively.
- vice (n.) a weakness, usually of an unethical and secretive nature.
- splice (v.) to join or connect multiple parts.
- gneiss (adj.) a metamorphic rock with a banded structure.
- slice (v.) to cut.
- lyse (v.) to undergo lysis (the disintegration of a cell).
- trice (adj.) happening quickly.
- thrice (adj.) occurring three times, not necessarily consecutively.
- ice (n.) frozen water.
- lice (n.) parasitic insects that live on mammalian skin.
- syce (n.) a caretaker of horses (usually particular to India).
- rice (n.) a type of grain.
- mice (n.) plural form of mouse (a small rodent).
- price (n.) the monetary value of an item.
- spice (n.) an aromatic seasoning.
- advice (n.) verbal guidance or assistance.
- device (n.) a machine made for a particular purpose.
- allspice (n.) a type of spice derived from the dried fruit of a Caribbean tree.
- precise (adj.) to be exact and accurate.
- suffice (v.) enough; satisfactory.
- concise (adj.) short and to the point.
- excise (v.) to be surgically removed or cut out.
- entice (v.) to tempt.
- edelweiss (n.) a mountainous European flower.
- paradise (n.) another word for heaven; a perfect place.
- merchandise (n.) items for buying and selling.
- overnice (adj.) overly picky or fussy.
- imprecise (adj.) messy; inexact in method.
- sacrifice (n.) to forgo something to benefit or obtain something else.
- cockatrice (n.) a mythical creature commonly depicted as a two-legged dragon with a cockerel’s head.
- overprice (v.) to price an item too highly.
These nice adjectives were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.
While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – be nice on social media, hydrate before bed, eat some kind of veggie tomorrow. <3