Hello and welcome to our list of nice synonyms!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives, I tried to make this list relate to nice words in a different way – through meaning. So rather than sounding nice, or having nice meanings (although they tend to have these anyway), this list is filled with words that can be used instead of the word “nice”. I hope you find this list handy and maybe even brighten someone’s day with these nice synonyms:
synonyms for nice (likeable, agreeable, warm)
- cordial (adj.) friendly, relaxed
- likeable (adj.) easy to get along with, pleasant.
- gentle (adj.) careful, thoughtful. acting with consideration for others and their feelings.
- courteous (adj.) respectful and polite.
- sincere (adj.) genuine, earnest.
- agreeable (adj.) amenable, easygoing, pleasing.
- tender (adj.) careful, gentle; acting considerately.
- warm (adj.) friendly.
- peachy (adj.) of an ideal or excellent state.
- mellow (adj.) calm and untroubled.
- companionable (adj.) easily and knowingly friendly.
- polite (adj.) courteous, respectful; behaving with good manners.
- approachable (adj.) non-threatening, welcoming. of an open and hospitable manner.
- jovial (adj.) cheerful, energetically friendly.
- benevolent (adj.) of a kind and good nature, meaning no harm.
- enticing (adj.) appealing, attractive.
- mild (adj.) gentle, not extreme or radical.
- charming (adj.) personable, easily sociable.
- amiable (adj.) pleasant and agreeable.
- decorous (adj.) a state of politeness and restraint; can be used in reference to behaviour or to describe an atmosphere or environment.
- fair (adj.) favourable or advantageous; of good conditions.
- pleasant (adj.) considerate and friendly.
- gracious (adj.) giving, generously kind. usually used to refer to those who are considerate and respectful to those with less power or social standing.
- genial (adj.) cheerfully friendly.
- obliging (adj.) agreeable, willing to please.
- lovely (adj.) delightfully enjoyable; extremely pleasing.
- helpful (adj.) willing to be of service, to try and anticipate and meet another’s needs.
- inviting (adj.) appealing, the appearance of promising a pleasant or otherwise worthwhile experience
- kind (adj.) of a gentle, benevolent nature.
- delightful (adj.) brightly pleasing.
- considerate (adj.) thoughtful.
- friendly (adj.) treating others with benevolence.
synonyms for nice (pleasing)
- enjoyable (adj.) a worthwhile experience.
- gratifying (adj.) a pleasing satisfaction.
- swell (adj.) an ideal or great state.
- presentable (adj.) appealing in design and construction
- tasteful (adj.) a curation of well-chosen attributes.
- neat (adj.) tidy, well put together.
- satisfying (adj.) fulfilling.
- appealing (adj.) attractively engaging, enticing.
- seemly (adj.) appropriately attractive.
- spiffing (adj.) excellent.
synonyms for nice (becoming/appropriate/suitable)
- appropriate (adj.) befitting of a particular situation or circumstance.
- proper (adj.) respectful of social standards and norms.
- suitable (adj.) acceptable for a situation.
- fitting (adj.) socially upstanding and proper.
- decent (adj.) good, just.
- befitting (adj.) appropriate; perfectly chosen and placed.
- compatible (adj.) a good and well-suited match.
- apt (adj.) relevant.
These synonyms for nice were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.
While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – read some wholesome memes and wear sunscreen if you go outside. <3