Hello and welcome to our list of nice words starting with C!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives, synonyms, rhymes and meanings, I thought it would be useful to categorise some lists a different way – by letter. I’ve tried to fill these lists with words that fulfill three criteria – sounds nice, has a nice meaning, and starts with C. I hope you find this list handy and maybe even brighten someone’s day with these nice words starting with C:
- cheer (v.) a verbal expression of happiness and delight.
- candle (n.) a shape made of wax with a wick which is used for lighting.
- cornflower (n.) a slim flower, typically a vivid blue colour.
- clarion (n.) a type of trumpet.
- celestial (adj.) relating to the sky or heavens.
- carmine (n.) a deep red colour.
- cloud (n.) a floating mass of condensed water droplets in the atmosphere.
- copper (n.) a rosy gold metal which is commonly used as a conductor for electricity.
- craft (n.) skills and activities involving making things by hand.
- cicada (n.) a small green insect known for its signature humming noise.
- cinnabar (n.) a mineral of a bold red colour. can be used as a pigment.
- ceylon (n.) a type of leaf which can be used in tea.
- crimson (n.) a vivid red.
- celadon (n.) grey-green.
- carouse (v.) to enjoy yourself in an exuberant, enthusiastic way.
- colt (n.) a young horse.
- coral (n.) a tough, stony invertebrate in warm and tropical seas that forms colourful reefs where other marine animals live.
courage (n.) bravery; the capacity and ability to face things that cause fear and anxiety.
- curio (n.) an mysterious or intriguing object.
- cerise (n.) a bright pink.
- cobalt (n.) a bold, vivid blue.
- clay (n.) an earthen mixture that is malleable when wet and can be fired to make pottery and ceramics when dry.
- calming (adj.) something that is conducive to peace and tranquillity.
- cerulean (n.) deep, sky-blue blue.
- calcium (n.) a soft, grey metal.
- chipper (adj.) an upbeat attitude.
- conch (n.) a tropical shell.
- charcoal (n.) burnt organic matter commonly used for fuel or as drawing media.
- chestnut (n.) a shiny brown nut.
- cinnamon (n.) an aromatic, mildly sweet spice used in baking or as a topping for drinks.
These nice words were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.
While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – remember to say nice things to people you like and to do your washing before you only have bathers to wear. <3