Hello and welcome to our list of nice words starting with E!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives, synonyms, rhymes and meanings, I thought it would be useful to categorise some lists a different way – by letter. I’ve tried to fill these lists with words that fulfill three criteria – sounds nice, has a nice meaning, and starts with E. I hope you find this list handy and maybe even brighten someone’s day with these nice words starting with E:
- emerald (n.) a dark, vivid green; a clear green precious crystal.
- ebony (n.) a very hard and heavy timber; dark brown or black.
- ebullient (adj.) exuberant; full of a positive and upbeat energy and enthusiasm.
- echo (n.) reflected sound.
- effuse (v.) to emit.
- elate (v.) to bring a great happiness to another person.
- enamel (n.) a hard, durable, glossy substance used for ornamental purposes or as a protective coating.
- esteem (n.) admiration, respect or approval.
- elderflower (n.) a type of flower typically used in making sweet drinks and wines.
- embolden (v.) to encourage.
- effervescent (adj.) bubbly, frothy. can be used to refer to both substances and temperament.
- elucidate (v.) to enlighten or explain.
- enhance (v.) to improve what already exists.
- etch (v.) to make marks through scratches or impressions made by rubbing one material against another.
- entice (v.) to tempt.
- exuberant (adj.) an enthusiastic energy or cheer.
- enamoured (v.) to be taken with something or someone.
- enlighten (v.) to explain or make something clear.
- enrich (v.) to improve the quality or value of an already existing thing.
- enthral (v.) to fascinate.
- evergreen (adj.) a plant that is green all year round regardless of season.
- eclectic (adj.) mixing styles, ideas and tastes from a wide variety of sources and inspiration.
- ecology (n.) the part of biology concerned with the relations of organisms to each other.
These nice words were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – call your pa if you can and remember to moisturise. <3