Hello and welcome to our list of nice words starting with F!
We already know that nice generally refers to things that are positive, pleasant and constructive in definition, and can describe not only objects and environments, but also ideas, actions, concepts and people. Since it’s such a versatile word with a broad range of appropriate applications, each meaning and context of use has its own subtle shade of definition. Since we already have lists of nice adjectives, synonyms, rhymes and meanings, I thought it would be useful to categorise some lists a different way – by letter. I’ve tried to fill these lists with words that fulfill three criteria – sounds nice, has a nice meaning, and starts with F. I hope you find this list handy and maybe even brighten someone’s day with these nice words starting with F:
- fern (n.) a plant with leafy or feathery fronds that doesn’t bear or produce flowers.
- flax (n.) a fibre used in making textiles.
- foam (n.) bubbly froth.
- forest (n.) a wide expanse populated mainly with trees and undergrowth.
- frisk (v.) a playful skip or leap.
- frost (n.) a pattern of small white ice crystals collected on a surface.
- fragment (n.) a piece of a whole.
- fable (n.) a fictional tale.
- forlorn (adj.) sad, regretful
- fumble (v.) to handle or manage something in a clumsy, inelegant way.
- folk (n.) people.
- fond (n.) having an affection for.
- fawn (n.) a young deer.
- fey (adj.) fairy-like, or relating to fairy-folk.
- flutter (v.) to rapidly flap wings, or to fly erratically.
- freckled (adj.) a pattern of small dots, usually used to refer to the spots of melanin on a person’s skin.
- fascinate (v.) to interest.
- fiddle (v.) to fidget or play restlessly with an object.
- fellow (n.) a man.
- frolic (v.) to skip or dance cheerfully or with delight.
- fresh (adj.) new, unworn.
- felicity (n.) intense joy, rapture.
- flowing (adj.) moving smoothly and gracefully; continuously.
- flue (n.) a channel for the waste products (smoke, gas) of heat production to escape.
- frond (n.) a leaf of a palm or fern-type plant.
- freesia (n.) a type of flower.
- fungi (n.) spore producing organisms that feed on other organic matter.
These nice words were inspired by and collected from my travels through different forms of media throughout my day – articles, books, song lyrics and websites (and sometimes lying around, forcing myself to think of words I like). In particular, websites like Dictionary.com, Quora, Tumblr, Pinterest, Positive Words Research, Adjectives Starting and The Phrontistery were all very helpful. If you’ve got any other word sources that you’d like to share, or have suggestions for other nice words, leave a comment or send an email.
While I do collect words, I am always careful to write the meanings myself, so if you find a definition here that looks a little too similar to another that you’ve seen, please let me know asap and I’ll work on updating my wording as quick as I can. Likewise, if you find any mistakes – meanings that require updating, definitions that need better punctuation or words that are incorrectly spelled, get in contact.
Thanks again for visiting our site, and as always, our very best wishes to you on your internet travels – take it easy in the heat and remember that plant based protein is as good as any. <3